The benefit of a true design and build company is most evident in the seamlessness of its process; taking your wants and dreams, creating a fully fleshed out design and then taking you all the way through to the realization of a functional and beautiful space made just for you.
Your initial contact with us through email and or by phone starts the conversation about your project. We listen to your needs and wishes so we are able to clearly understand your intentions for the full scope of work. The conversation will also include discussions of the project budget. We believe in bringing this important subject in to the conversation early on so we can further understand your expectations. If we both agree we could be a good fit to work together, an appointment is made to meet with you in your home or at the project.
Our discussions continue in person at the site so we can physically evaluate the area of scope with you. This is a critical meeting as we carefully listen and ask questions to bring us to a clearer understanding of your expectations. Potentially, at this meeting, based on our experience and our prior projects, we will be able to offer a budget range of what we feel a project of this scope might be.
If we are in alignment with the scope of work and the budget range, we will provide a Pre-Construction Agreement to you. The agreement will:
- Outline a specific scope of work.
- State a budget range for that specific scope of work.
Once the agreement is signed and retainer paid we begin the fun and exciting process of designing your project! As part of the Pre-Construction Agreement we will:
- Measure, survey and document through photographs, the area involved in the scope of work to produce accurate As-Built drawings and to understand the existing conditions.
- Produce preliminary project drawings demonstrating design options for your consideration and a lighting and electrical design for your approval.
- Offer recommendations for finish materials.
- Recommend specific layout and installation of finish materials such as tile and flooring layouts and edge details for counter tops.
This proven pre-construction process allows us to give you an accurate construction budget. At the end of this phase we are able to offer you a fixed price Home Improvement Contract with little or no allowances.
Signing the Home Improvement Contract and providing the project deposit, is the trigger to finalize the preliminary drawings into a working set of permit-ready construction drawings. As part of our comprehensive services, we’ll take your project through the Planning and Building departments to pull the building permit for you.
Among other points, our contracts will specifically include the following:
- Itemized specific scope of work
- Project Specifications that call out each finish material and any specific finish or installation required.
- A project start date.
- An estimated length of the project with a completion date.
- A Schedule of Progress Payments that outlines the work that will be completed by an estimated date and the amount of the payment will be due at that time. We will never ask you for payment for work that has not been completed.
- Change orders will always be written and signed so no additional work proceeds without your knowledge and authorization.
Communication is key during our entire process but never more important than during the construction phase. Whether you are living out of state or in the home as the project proceeds, we will be discussing the progress of the project with you on a regular basis. We take our job and obligation to you seriously. Our sincere goal is to have you completely satisfied.
We'll be available to you for any ongoing support.
Our professional designer has many years of experience. We are able to offer clients the complete design package including furnishings, window coverings, art acquisition, lighting and accessories. Let us help you complete the design concept by adding the finishing touches to your project!